Nephrology is a specialty of medicine concerned with the diseases of the kidney. Any alteration or dysfunction in the anatomy or the physiology of the kidney can cause acute or chronic renal (kidney) diseases which can seriously affect the functioning of the entire body. Om hospital has top Kidney doctors and has been experts in diagnosing and treating kidney infection and chronic renal failure. The Nephrology department at Om Hospital has state-of-the-art infrastructure, equipment’s with the most updated technology and a team of dedicated and skilled nephrologists and paramedical staff.
- In addition to that : Persistent itching
- Chest pain, if fluid builds up around the lining of the heart
- Shortness of breath, if fluid builds up in the lungs
- High blood pressure (hypertension) that’s difficult to control
- Muscle twitches and cramps
- Swelling of feet and ankles
- Blood tests
- Urine analysis
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR)
- Ultrasound scanning
- Renal biopsy
- Intravenous urography (IVU)
- Renal Arteriography
The Department of Nephrology at Om Hospital comprises of state-of-the-art infrastructure, equipment with the most updated technology and a team of dedicated and skilled nephrologists and paramedical staff.
Our nephrologists strive to deliver the best possible care to patients suffering from acute or chronic kidney diseases.
- Acute (sudden onset) renal diseases
- Chronic (slow ongoing decline in renal function) renal diseases
- Renal damage due to high blood pressure, diabetes, infections, tubulointerstitial disorders, glomerular diseases.
- Blood in the urine (hematuria)
- Protein loss in the urine (proteinuria)
- Electrolyte or acid-base imbalance
- Chronic and recurrent urinary tract infection
- Hereditary renal disorders
- Renovascular Disease
The department has a dialysis unit facility for both IPD and OPD patients managed by well-qualified technicians and nephrologists. A state of art water purification plant (RO Plant) has been installed to ensure the supply of ultra-pure water for dialysis.